HISST Scholarship Grant
The Heads of Independent Schools Scholarship Trust (HISST) was established in July 1994 for the purpose of providing financial assistance to promote education, learning and research on matters affecting independent schools in New Zealand. An initial sum of money was donated from the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of New Zealand (AHIS) to establish the fund and grants are made from the interest earned on it. The Trustees are Gail Thomson and Heather McRae.
This grant is for a specific research project and excludes personal professional development.
Applications for the HISST grant
Applications for the 2018 HISST grant open in Term 4 2017.
- Heads and staff of ISNZ Member Schools are welcome to apply.
- The research programme for which funding is given, would normally be completed within the 2017 calendar year.
- A written report must be made back to AHIS before the end of the year for which the scholarship is granted. This report will be put on the ISNZ website.
- The purpose of these grants is to provide financial assistance to promote education, learning and research on or affecting ISNZ Member Schools.
In addition, the Trustees will base their decisions as to the granting of the scholarship on the following:
- Evidence that the applicant's programme for use of the grant is likely to benefit the independent school movement in New Zealand.
- Evidence that the applicant is in pursuit of worthy educational research and/or educational ideas or innovation and that his or her previous training, experience and activities have equipped him or her to assess the probable value of such ideas or innovations to independent education in New Zealand.
- Priority may be given to persons who are current financial members of AHIS.
- NB: A HISST grant is awarded on the formal application submitted by candidates. If the terms of the application are altered in any way prior to and/or subsequent to the grant being awarded, the HISST Trustees reserve the right to review the applicant’s eligibility to receive the grant.
For further information please contact the Secretary, AHIS, PO Box 5222, Wellington 6145, tel 04 471 2022, fax 04 472 4635, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HISST Scholarship Recipient 2017
David Scott, Middle School Principal at Kristin School in Auckland, was the 2017 recipient of the HISST grant. David will be using this grant to assist with the continued development of an Adaptive Leaders Programme. He will present a case study of the programme at the 2018 HMC Conference in the United Kingdom.
HISST Scholarship Recipient 2016